At home family session; Salt Lake City, Utah | Utah Photographer

I mentioned in a previous post that I’ve been CRAZY lucky to have been able to photograph Caitlin and her family several years in a row now. One thing that I love about our sessions is that she is always up for doing something different and usually tries to do a different season each year. So, when Caitlin reached out to me about doing an in-home family session I was over the moon excited!




I’ve been wanting to do an at home session for such a long time, but I never get around to it. I have a to-do list that just keeps getting longer and this was definitely on there.

I walked into their home and no joke, my jaw DROPPED. It’s located in a great neighborhood with so much character outside but completely remodeled on the inside. Her kitchen is a dream; all white cabinets with an awesome island in the middle!

We went back and forth on how to make this as painless as possible (mainly for Brian haha) and we decided that making chocolate chip cookies would be a fabulous idea. The funny thing is Brian actually ended up enjoying it!

He was super involved Brian and I learned that he actually loves to be in the kitchen and does most of the cooking. It was so fun to see how involved Avery was in making the yummy cookies. I even caught her eating some flour at one point! A small tip for photographers, when you make something with your clients be read. They will most likely end up sticking you with the majority of what’s left over. Those little stinks!











Our family session wouldn’t be complete without getting some photos with the favorite member of the family. I’ll let you decide who enjoyed being tickled more :)

No comments

Want to know about future events & discounts? Tips on locations? Let's stay in touch!

* indicates required
/ ( mm / dd )